Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Bananas In Pajamas Are Coming Down The Stairs!




I decided to do a bit more than just appreciate this "lively" color combination from afar as showcased in this week's The Play Date Cafe Color Challenge.  The colors, as interpreted by me in my card, instantly gave me the giggles because I had no idea that I was channelling the Bananas In Pajamas so. I just can't decide which Banana In Pajamas is my card.  Would it be B1 or B2?  Silly, I know.  Regardless of which 'Nana I choose, I can't stop singing this kooky kid's show theme song.   I don't ever remember having used this combination of blues and yellow before, but as far out of my comfort zone crafting this card took me, I rather enjoyed it as quiet as it is kept.  Cool.  Thanks for popping by to take a peek.

Now, to get that darn theme song out of my head.  Ugggggh!

11 comments:

@JoyceCasaldi said...

LOL, those banannas just make me smile. I love the color pallette! I can never find really nice navy blue. I loe your card! So pretty!

Happy Valentines Day!

Deb said...

Love this card! Love the WM layers and that lace is gorgeous! So beautiful!!!

Nadine said...

Ok had to google Bananas in Pajamas because I never heard of them before…now I've got that song in my head, lol! You did a great, great job with the color combo! I considered doing that challenge but just could not make it work. I love how girly and feminine your card is!

Joyce said...

Love your card, and those bananas. Never heard of them, but I'm sure I'll be thinking of them all night, now. You did such a nice job with that color scheme--you turned it into something sophisticated and lovely.

Kerry said...

Such a lovely color combination! Very pretty card!

Cindy said...

This is beautiful. Love yellow and blue together.

Clare said...

Such a pretty card, love the gorgeous lace! My daughter Isabelle loves Bananas in Pajamas! That song does tend to stick in your head alright!! : )

Dayna Sabrina said...

Is this show only down under? I remember my kids (especially my oldest) being all about the Wiggles back in the day, but these bananas are new to me! Lol. Either way, your card is fabulous. I love the colors, and it would be great if I could put together something like that on my on. I am forever dependent on sketches!

Kelly S. said...

I swear that only you could make the Bananas and Pajamas color combo into such a lovely card! Excellent combination of stamped images on this :) PS...I left you something special on my blog today!

Terri said...

Pretty card. Great use of the colors. The bananas are cute too!

Jen W. said...

Your card is fabulous! Love the layered stamping and that gorgeous bow. :)
My roommate and I were bananas in pajamas for Halloween in university one year.